Most probably the single most familiar symbol of luxury and design in the automobile world is the Mercedes Benz three-pointed star. Mercedes had been leading the auto manufacturing sector with a sophisticated balance between design and style and technological innovation since 1881, thereby making it the most ancient auto manufacturing company in existence today. To get the luxury cars like Mercedes Benz and European cars service in Melbourne is not a easy job. Mercedes Benz is renowned for its sleek designs and sophisticated features. It’s simply everyone’s dream wonder on wheels. For the sake of this article, let us briefly discuss the best 5 Mercedes Benz models from number 5 to number 1:
- 1937 540 K Special: For a vehicle to possess 180 horsepower and a supercharged engine in the 1930s, it had to be somewhat distinctive. The 540K K is for (Kompressor) Extraordinary was that car, and set the benchmark for the horsepower race of the very first half of the 20th century. At that time, the fastest, most powerful vehicles on the road were just simply breaking 100 horsepower, so the 540K was a leap ahead of the competitors. Its tremendous engine required an immense nose as well as the front-end weight made steering difficult. The car was best designed for cruising on the autobahn at high speeds, not for taking intelligent curves through the Italian Alps. These particular Mercedes Benz model can easily fetch as much as $6 million at auction today.
- 2010 E63 AMG: A wolf in sheep’s clothing if there ever was one, the E63 AMG is perhaps the most perfect “all-purpose” sedan in the world. The car is every bit your typical E-Class Mercedes to 90% of onlookers, but those that are automotive inclined will notice the 20-inch AMG rims, flared body kit and a growl that will wake the neighbors each morning. The E63 uses the AMG-tuned 6.2 liter, 517-horsepower engine you’ll find across the Mercedes lineup; however, what makes the E63 so special is not the 4.0-second 0-60 time, the riding-on-rails feel or even the three different suspensions or four different transmission settings; it’s the fact that it’s the perfect size. The C63 is too small to be really useful with four people, and the S63 is too large. If you want one car that can do it all, the Mercedes Benz E63 AMG is the car for you.
- 2011 SLS AMG:The new 2011 SLS AMG “Gullwing” is a retro grand tourer made from an all-aluminum frame. The car is the very first to be completely designed in-house by AMG, Mercedes’ own high-performance unit. The car features a highly tuned 6.2 liter V8 engine that puts out 575 hp, and the transmission is a 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic (sounds like you should be carrying it into service, doesn’t it?). The most noticeable part of the SLS is the Gullwing doors and purposeful nod to the original Gullwing of the mid-1950s, a car that many consider the most beautiful ever made. This, the SLS Gullwing, is a totally different animal with all the latest technology, which does include a way to blow the doors right off the frame if you should happen to flip the car. The 2011 Gullwing is without a doubt the hottest car of the year, and will be remembered as a true modern classic.
- 1970 C111: The C111 series was an experimental line of cars used by Mercedes Benz to test innovative technologies of the day like diesel engines, mid-mounted engines and even luxuries like air conditioning. The body of all the C111’s was made of fiberglass and its sliver-like design gave it an unheard of drag coefficient of .191. The C111 set numerous land speed records and many times broke 200 mph. A later version of the C111, equipped with a 500-horsepower engine, once set a record of highest average lap speed of 250.98 mph in 1979.
- 1955 300 SLR Racer: It’s not often that a racer takes inspiration from a streetcar, but that’s exactly what happened here. The 300 SLR was based off the U.S. market 300 SL Gullwing, but was much lighter due to the use of a tubular aluminum frame. The 300 SLR was the first race car to use air brakes and was the car of choice for legendary racer Stirling Moss when he competed in the 1955 Mille Miglia, which he won in record-setting fashion. The 300 SLR is celebrated as sophisticated and represents the pinnacle of classic Mercedes Benz design and engineering.
We offer car buying and car selling services.Visit mynextcarbuyingadvocacy.com.au to know more.
We are reliable cash for cars Melbourne provides scrap vehicles with free car removals. Call us today!
At Go Go Car Removal, we offer cash for scrap, used & old cars. We pay instant cash for all makes and models across Melbourne. Get in touch with us for car removal Ferntree Gully.